Tuesday, August 7, 2012

NPR's 100 Best Ever Teen Novels


WOW WOW WOW.  While this list is chock full of books we love here at YA & WS, including tons of Tamora Pierce, John Green, Laini Taylor, and many other books that made my childhood, there was one that made me gasp. out. loud.

#84 

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles

Princess Cimorene of Lindenwall decides she's had enough of being a princess, and hires herself out to cook for the dragon Kazul. This boxed set follows her adventures, and those of her son Daystar.
This was it, the original books Grad Student and I loved.  I did'nt even remember they existed under I read "Princess Cimorene....".   Now, I would bet these are a low reading level, as we were young when we read them, but the light hearted magical books, classic and wonderful.  Did I mention GS and I had a thing for dragons?

4 comments:

  1. DFTBA, nerdfighters. John Green's The Fault in Our Stars came in at #4. (Did I mention that at a brunch on Sunday that may or may not have included margaritas Goosie Mama and I taught some guy friends from college about nerdfighters? It happened. It was great.)

    I loved the Enchanted Forest and the girl whose hair would burst into flame when she was angry. And don't even get me going on how much Tamora Pierce love there is on this list....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Scorpio Races is missing. Therefor I doubt the integrity of the voters. Stupid voters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Enchanted Forest Chronicles are some of my favorite books. I still read them once in a while (usually when I'm sick and need some comfort reads). I even started writing my own novel when I was 13, but gave it up once I realized that I'd copied all of Patricia Wrede's characters. I still have it somewhere, but I think that project's a dead end ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cimorene! I read those books in middle school and loved them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!