Its time for another edition of The Broke and the Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday: Books To Read In A Day. Per-usual, I cannot come up with ten. But this is a top eight list, my personal specialty! Another specialty? Reading a book in a single day. So here are books I have gobbled up in a single day/night, and not minded the sleep-deprivation that followed.
1. The Girl who Chased the Moon (see review) by Sarah Addison Allen. The epitome of an easy, fun, one-day read.
2. The Sky is Everywhere (see review) by Jandy Nelson. Because it is physically impossible to stop. You have no control when those charming Fontaine boy show up. Just make yourself some coffee and give in!
3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- does this even need to be said at this point? It is a verb in my life. Hunger Game a good book!
4. Glass Houses (the Morganville Vampire Series) by Rachel Caine. A Victorian house and wacky roommates and vampires? Fun! A bit predictable, but so what! I think if you had more than one of these lying around you could have a multiple-books-read-in-a-day situation on your hands.
5. The Silver Bowl by Diane Stanley. This under-the-radar book was surprisingly charming and short enough for a single night’s read.
6. Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep. Sometimes you need a little fluff. And I found Gwen entertaining, even though I am not on the mythic-warrior bandwagon.
7. Matched by Ally Condi. I didn’t love this book’s sequel, but I read this in a single sitting this summer, when it was too hot to go outside and my roommates had scattered to cooler pastures. And I just. kept. rooting. for. Xander.
8. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Annie Barrows and Mary Ann Shaffer. We have not discussed how awesome this book is on YA F and Whiskey Sours. But we are aware. Juliet is fantastic and saucy and I would love to be her pen pal.
The moral of the story is sleep is overrated! Read more books!