Sunday, April 1, 2012

Review: Passion by Lauren Kate


Oh, Luce. You headstrong, time-travelling teenager.

This whole book was just a stepping stone to get to the finale of this series, right? Ugh, it read like it. Talk about another female heroine that I just find gag-inducing. Luce is traveling through her past, via the Announcers, with her creep-o sidekick Bill trying to figure out whhhhhy does Daniel love her? Can she break their curse by screwing with the past to correct the future??!

In case you didn't know, Luce and Daniel have loved each other (more than anyone else) throughout history and that they're meant to be, but Luce has to know whhhhhy before she can fully accept it.

Well, by the end of the book, God, the devil and every angel in the Bible has been involved and this love affair has become epic. Really, this YA romance is that important. Eye roll.

So here goes:
  • Originality: 6; It's an original premise, but it's hella weird ... I found it more frustrating than intriguing
  • Absurdity: 10; Ms. Kate knocked this one out of the park. Maybe not in a good way?
  • Level of Paranormal Romance: 6; this one tries hard to be romantic, but just reads as weird. Nothing but kissing and a few wing strokes, my friends.
  • Level of Harry Potterness: -3; Sorry J.K. Rowling Ms. Kate is not!

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I was going to give this series a second chance, but after reading this, perhaps not! How many of these books are there anyway??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodie mama u are number one. I totally felt the same on this one!! Lots of eye rolling on my part. But I will finish the series! Carissa, at least read the first one --it is a bit of a southern gothic and at least has atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I crushed the first one too- and I must admit I had more acceptance of this one as well... I say give it a try!

      Delete
  3. I loved the first one, but Passion and all of those reincarnations that were shown just was awful to me. It dragged on and got old fast. Hopefully Rapture is better. Though I have yet to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!