Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Endlessly by Kiersten White

This Waiting on Wednesday, a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, features Endlessly by Kiersten White. YOU should read White’s Paranormalcy series for at least 2 reasons:
  1. Evie, the main character, doesn’t swear. She bleeps. In the first book Paranormalcy we meet Evie’s best friend Lish, a mermaid living in a tank where the computer refuses to translate her dirty mouth. So Lish sounds like this: “Bleep stupid bleep bleep faeries and their bleep bleep bleep obsessions. He had better stop bleep bleep bleep the bleep bleep rules or I will bleep bleep bleep the little bleeeeeeeeeeep.” 
  2. Her weapon of choice is a taser bedazzled with pink rhinestones and nicknamed Tasey. It made me snort-laugh. More than once.
Kiersten White has a funny bone and knows how to use it. This series is highly entertaining and an easy read. It is fun fluff. Evie is hilarious and does not take herself or any situation too seriously. My biggest complaint is that I do not believe that teenagers say things like “Golly, that was my first kiss, how’d I do.” I paraphrase, but still.  I have hopes that the rather funny love interest Lend will overcome the blandness that bogged him down in book two, Endlessly. He might not be lame: it could have been because his dashing back and forth to college didn’t leave much time for any solid evidence that these two were actually emotionally connected. (I would also like to point out being a college freshman is FUN. Don't leave on the weekends, Lend!)

In Paranormalcy Evie longs for a locker and high school and all things normal; in Supernaturally she realizes that she misses the International Paranormal Containment Agency, where she worked and grew up. Despite trying for normal, Evie falls deeper into the paranormal world and faery politics because of the Puck-ish Jake. The blurb for Endlessly doesn’t reveal much yet, but I want to see how Evie’s adventures come to a close. Does this title mean she is immortal!?! Discuss.

“Try as she might, Evie can’t seem to escape her not-so-normal past. And what was supposed to be a blissfully normal school break is ruined when a massive group of paranormals shows up at her house, claiming that Evie is the only one who can protect them from a mysterious, perilous fate.  The deadly war between the faerie courts looms ever closer. The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its future rests solely in Evie’s hands. So much for normal.” (Good Reads)

7 comments:

  1. Great pick! I want to read this book too! Thanks for stopping by my WOW this morning:)

    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supernaturally has been on my tbr pile for way too long. I loved the first one. I have to go catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still need to read the second one. o.o I swear, time flies by!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this series!

    Stop by my WOW post?? I have a few picks this week!
    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick! I totally am in love with this series- especially Evie! I know I'm going to be so sad when I finish this though, because I just love Evie way too much. I can't wait to read it!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for this one too! I loved Paranormalcy--Superaturally, not so much, but I still love Evie enough that I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WANT THIS BOOK SOOOOOO BAAAAAAAD, lol. Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!