- Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene. CC and I used to take these out of the library by the armful and read multiple in a day. A trump card, really.
- Goosebumps by R. L Stine (PS: CC and I did NOT read these. We are super wimps when it comes to scary books. A cousin once read to us from Very Scary Stories and we had to share a room for the next 4 months. I refuse to tell you how old we were, but we were too old to be sharing a room.) But you know Goosie Mama loves a good ghost story.
- Sweet Valley High series by Francine Pascal. Yes! Twins! Do you all remember the theme song to the TV show? "could there be two different girls, who look the same at Sweeeeeeet Valley, Sweeeeeeet Valley Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh..."
- The Enchanted Forest series by Patricia C. Wrede. I loved the girl whose hair lit on fire when she was angry. Who is with me on this! See here for Crazy Camper's love.
- The Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce. This is no surprise to anyone. We seriously hope you have by now drunk the Koolaid and read these books. George forever!
- Box Car Children series by Gertrude Chandler Warner. Another oldie but goodie. I always liked the idea of building a little house (My Side of the Mountain had this appeal, too)
- So You Want to Be a Wizard by Diane Duane. Looking at this on Goodreads, I am not sure I even finished the series, but there was budding love and magic. I am going to try to find these ASAP.
- Double Trouble Squared by Kathryn Lasky. The Starbuck Family Adventure series. AGAIN a book with twins, this time with physic powers. Crazy Camper is going to go bananas that I remembered these. We LOVED these mystery books. In the next book the twins are going to be able to mind-meld with dolphins while living in the Florida Keys.
THESE WERE SO GOOD HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THEM FOR EVEN A SECOND!?
|I love ND so much I had trouble picking which cover to show.|
But I mean, is that Ned? Yum. AND a great photobomb by the ghost manta ray.