Saturday, July 13, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: The Golden Day and This Song Will Save Your Life

Haaapppppppppppppppy Saturday! Today's post is going to be short and sweet, because Goosie Mama and I are together at the beach and Must. Get. Tan. This week we have received two books for review. Thanks go to  Tygna's Reviews to for hosting Stacking the Shelves, highlighting the newest books on our shelves each week. What did you get?

Out in September is Leila Sales' This Song Will Save Your Life: A Novel.

Making friends has never been Elise Dembowski’s strong suit. All throughout her life, she’s been the butt of every joke and the outsider in every conversation. When a final attempt at popularity fails, Elise nearly gives up. Then she stumbles upon a warehouse party where she meets Vicky, a girl in a band who accepts her; Char, a cute, yet mysterious disc jockey; Pippa, a carefree spirit from England; and most importantly, a love for DJing.

Told in a refreshingly genuine and laugh-out-loud funny voice, THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE is an exuberant novel about identity, friendship, and the power of music to bring people together (GoodReads).


The second book is The Golden Day by Ursula Dubosarsky. This is going to be creepy and great, and I know it reminds me of some old movie....I will try to remember by the time I post a review. It is due out August 6th!

 When their teacher goes missing during an outing, eleven girls grapple with the aftermath in this haunting, exquisitely told psychological mystery.

The Vietnam War rages overseas, but back at home, in a year that begins with the hanging of one man and ends with the drowning of another, eleven schoolgirls embrace their own chilling history when their teacher abruptly goes missing on a field trip. Who was the mysterious poet they had met in the Garden? What actually happened in the seaside cave that day? And most important — who can they tell about it? In beautifully shimmering prose, Ursula Dubosarsky reveals how a single shared experience can alter the course of young lives forever. Part gripping thriller, part ethereal tale of innocence lost, The Golden Day is a poignant study of fear and friendship, and of what it takes to come of age with courage (GoodReads).

3 comments:

  1. You will love, love, absolutely LOVE This Song Will Save Your Life. I recently finished it this week and it was AMAZING. Like honestly, intensely amazing.
    Enjoy all your books! (:

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have This Song and I can't wait to read it. And now you'd made me want to read The Golden Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I need to read This Song Will Save Your Life, soon. I'm finishing up my school stuff this week and then I am going to read SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!