|Our beach of choice in Newport via|
- hello, Sookie! The Southern Vampire Series are total fluff and fit these categories.
- Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker. Boat trips and cute ginger-haired boys who mend broken hearts are perfect for the beach.
- Sarah Dessen's books. So far I have inhaled Along for the Ride and Keeping the Moon and love her beach town setting of Colby
Crazy Camper says:
"I would say anything without paranormal, just teen romance is a good beach read. Actually, as long as there is romance, it qualifies! NOT BEACH READS = anything that qualifies and a penguin classic (Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre) these require too much thought."
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Southern and romance.
- Not just Sookie, but any Charlaine Harris book (we have read the Harper Connelly series and Sweet and Deadly and liked them both, although Tolliver is smokin' and makes the last Harper Connelly book Grave Secret extra worthy of beach reading).
Goosie Mama says:"Truth or Dare by Jacqueline Green. AWESOME beach book (doesn't the cover just look like a fab beach read? Yes sir, may I have another!), beach town setting, crazy thriller plot - there is even (minor) surfing involved!"
As always a big cheers of our whiskey sours to The Broke and the Bookish for hosting TTT, our fav weekly book blog meme! What makes your list? We want to know so we can stock our e-readers for this coming summer! If you want to know more about these reads, see our reviews of Deadlocked and Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl and Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen and Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker.