- Carnegie Hall is beautiful and was packed. The crowd was jazzed. But also there were lots of adults, so I didn't feel like a creeper.
- The Green brothers came out first in tuxes, since Carnegie Hall is legit. LIKE.
- The leads from the Lizzie Bennett Diaries (LOVE) did a reading from The Fault in Our Stars. The part from the Ann Frank House.
- Neil Gaiman was a casual special guest. WHAT!?! He and John Green and two others did a reading from Paper Towns on black Santas. Hilarity ensued.
- Lots of music by Hank Green, The Mountain Goats (who are referenced all over Paper Towns) and someone else I truly don't know the name of, but the crowd loved it. I'm just out of the loop.
- If you want to exhaustive photos click here. I seriously don't think John Green tumblr fans slept last night, just blogged.
I would to have heard John Green talk more about writing/books/TFIOS, but this was a Follies production, not just a book talk. I am going to find another book talk to go to ASAP. Yay for bookish resolutions coming true.
*PS: Goosie Mama was supposed to come in honor of YAF & WS, but she is busy being eaten alive by her job so my mom came. AND GM felt so bad about it that she sent me flowers. WHAT!?! Right, I got to see JG and got flowers. She clearly is an awesome but confused friend who doesn't realize that if I wasn't a poor graduate student I should be sending HER flowers for a terrible day at work. So shout out to GM for being such a considerate friend.