Hello, Top Ten Tuesday land! Today I am going to opt for the "freebie" TTT. I could follow the prompt of Top Ten Authors I Would Like to See on a Reality Show. But lets be serious, you can probably guess it would be David Leviathan, Maureen Johnson, and John and Hank Green (I am grandfathering Hank in here). But I basically already watch this show via the Vlogbrothers/Crash Course via YouTube. (SEE the video below. Did you know there was a YA lit prom? Now we all do! dftba!)
So instead I am opting for the "freebie" theme and sharing a list of books I had a TON of trouble finishing. I have wanted to do this for a while, because I want to know if any of these are worth getting back to! So share your wisdom.
- Jasper Jones by Craig Gilvey and Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler (with beautiful illustrations by Maira Kalman) both won Printz awards. Why can't I get into these books? Is my brain broken?
- Froi of the Exiles by the awesome Melina Marchetta. I need to pull it together. But it is a slow start, and the book is enormous. I can't hold it with one hand. I find this to be a problem.
- Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller was an instantly classic love story. And the movie stars Meryl Streep! I should love this book!
- Goosie Mama reviewed and liked Hollowland by Amanda Hocking, but I could not get into her book Switched (the first in Trylle Trilogy). I returned it to the library after 50 pages. Trolls? Mehhh....
- AND IN AN EPIC FINALE OF A BOOK THAT DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE FINISHED: Ripple by Mandy Hubbard. I am ashamed of this. It was late, it looked alright--sirens and all--but I couldn't bring myself to finish it. It is cring-inducing. Do you ever just give up?