Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Library Updates: Library, Why You Gotta Do Me Like That?

Happy Friday people. Or, if you live on the eastern seaboard, happy last day of the week when you did no work and are only vaguely aware of the date ( I am in this category). Looking ahead to a weekend of homework, I want to share this library update, which is a public shame story.

The library in my suburban hometown labels their books as such:


I told my mom how much I enjoyed the Strange Angels series (my review of book one here) and since she is an omnivorous reader, she was on board to try them. But the side of the books labeled BOTH "YA" and "YA Series" is a tough sell for a self-respecting adult. 

Dear library, can't you allow us to keep a lower profile!?! These covers are bad enough. Don't make me give up on printed books for fear of public derision. What do you do when you get a book like this?

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! YAY E-Readers... Allowing adults to pretend to be reading mature and respectable material...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaa, so many stickers! E-readers really are a saviour. Sometimes I will even open up, then close an "adult" book to make it look like that's what I'm reading...

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!