Friday, July 13, 2012

Review: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling

Disclaimer: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling is not young adult fiction, but lovely just the same!
Disclaimer 2: I often have the same fear as the title of this book!


I am a big fan of strong, smart and funny women (aren't we all?!). Gals like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Kristin Wiig, Melissa McCarthy and Mindy Kaling are some of my favorites as they've infiltrated a traditionally male-dominated field (television and movie comedy), are amazingly successful and aren't afraid to take names.

Tina Fey's Bossypants was equal parts funny and insightful. Mindy's stab at this genre was just as sweet and I would highly recommend for a quick and hilarious book. Not to mention, for all of you The Office fans out there, there are a bunch of funny, behind-the-scenes stories in here.

Grad Student, Mindy is, much like you, a Consumer of Epic Proportions. I think I may have found you a kindred spirit in this one! :)

(NOTE FROM GS: But does she consume primarily neon pick in Epic Proportions? These are the big questions of life....)

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to read this book for a while! I still haven't got to it but your review just gives all the more reason to read it NOW! I love Mindy on The Mindy Project and the Harry Potter quote you included made me squeal! It sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!