Monday, November 4, 2013

Review: The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
This COVER. I die.
Not in the good way.
In the real world, when you vanish into thin air for a week, people tend to notice. 

After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as "normal" as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life. Suddenly the former loner with the bad reputation has someone to try for-his girlfriend, Kenzie. Never mind that he's forbidden to see her again. 


But when your name is Ethan Chase and your sister is one of the most powerful faeries in the Nevernever, "normal" simply isn't to be. For Ethan's nephew, Keirran, is missing, and may be on the verge of doing something unthinkable in the name of saving his own love. Something that will fracture the human and faery worlds forever, and give rise to the dangerous fey known as the Forgotten. As Ethan's and Keirran's fates entwine and Keirran slips further into darkness, Ethan's next choice may decide the fate of them all (GoodReads).


Guys, I think I need to let these books go. The Iron Traitor was hard for me to get through. But then, in literally the last pages.... Kagawa always does this THING and something outrageous happens and I think, "well, now I need to see the next book......."


Originality: 8. This high score reflects the fact that this series (or the first Iron Fey series it grew from) was my first entree into the crazy world of fairy books..... I am staying true.
Absurdity: 8. Insta-love, kids with cancer, thugs, and warring fairies, quests.... it goes on and on.
Level of Paranormal Romance: 5. The Ethan Chase love stuff is ok by me (tough guy falls for good girl, turns mushy on the inside) BUT the Keirran love stuff (giving away his soul for that bland summer fairy) makes me want to throw my Nook. Eye roll, and lets move on......
Level of Harry-Potter-ness: 3. There is not a lot of good stuff that I can say about this book, but thankfully Puck shows up for a while, to be hilarious. (Unfortunately I feel weird-ed out by his perpetual teen-ness, but its better than having nothing good to say)! 



FTC Full Disclosure: I received a review copy from Harlequin Teen. Happy reading followed. (We do not accept or receive compensation for eeviews at YAF and WS.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh no... This makes me sad. This isn't the first not-so-hot review I've seen for the Iron Traitor. The perpetual teen-ness weirded me out in the last book. I loved Ash and Puck, can't we go back to that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting more and more afraid to read this series, lol! I've seen tones of "meh" reviews for this one. Hopefully once I finally get to it, I can enjoy it. Great review thanks!

    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only read the first one in the first series, but I LOOOOOVED Puck. I'm thinking about catching up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!