Happy Tuesday morning, people. It is time again for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the fab The Broke and the Bookish. Today's list is all about the "Best Sequels Ever." I love a good sequel- aka one where stuff actually happens, as opposed to spinning its wheels so a series can be a trilogy. Here are our picks! What made your TTT?
1. Timepiece by Myra McEntire. Because Kaleb's POV was epic.
2. Stephanie Perkins's Lola and the Boy Next Door.
3. Delirium by Lauren Oliver was only OK. I liked the world-building, but all the schmaltz got under my skin. Pandemonium brought the action and I loved it.
4. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner, the sequel to The Maze Runner. The conspiracy got so big my eyes kept bugging. And it was awesome.
5. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson. The last book of the Millennium series, aka The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo books. This last one was jaw-dropping. What a conspiracy! I guess I like them.
7. I thought Graceling by Kristin Cashore was a bit heavy handed with the romance, but man, Fire got good. (and then Bitterblue- wow!)
8. Fragments by Dan Wells. Way less DNA mumbo-jumbo.
9. Vampire Academy, Book 3, Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead. We will ignore the high school ski trip in Book 2, not that it was bad, but from Book 3 on things just kept getting better.
Want to know more? See our reviews of Bitterblue, Fire , and Graceling by Kristin Cashore (and Crazy Camper's addendum), Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver (Grad Student's review, Goosie Mama's Review), Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, and Timepiece by Myra McEntire.