Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy

The Dud AvocadoThis Waiting on Wednesday is dedicated to a book that is not new by a long shot but looks like a perfect summer read: The Dud Avocado by 

Hellbent For Living: A Screwball Parisian Adventure." Yes, please! This book was published in 1958 and tells the story of a wild American girl living it up in Paris in the 1950s. I just watched Midnight in Paris and Crazy Camper and I discussed the awesomeness of the women's clothes in both centuries. I need more Paris. 


The Dud Avocado is a story of Sally's life of wacky adventures, sex, and champagne cocktails that is supposed to be a lot of fun. I mean, Groucho Marx wrote to Dundy:  "I had to tell someone (and it might as well be you since you're the author) how much I enjoyed The Dud Avocado," he wrote. "If this was actually your life, I don't see how the hell you ever got through it."


THAT IS AMAZING.
A cheers of our Whiskey Sour to Breaking the Spine for hosting WoW, a great weekly meme dedicated to books we can't wait to read.

1 comment:

Comments? Heck ya!