- none of us could definitely say what the characters look like. Is this good or bad?
- one friend found the first half of the book snooze-worthy.
- I shared that I laughed out loud on the subway at the fried burritos.
- We had a big debate about mental health and whether we agreed with Miles's analysis of Alaska. We saw far more signs of depression in her.
- Everybody really liked Miles's favorite class, religion. We had a nice discussion about how that class is important to the story, and both how the characters and the readers search for understanding about the book's big turning point.
|I still appreciate Well Read Ryan Gosling|