Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books That Will Make You Cry

This week's Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Will Make You Cry.  Other then sad country songs and commercials for the Olympics that show parents of Olympians, books top the list of tear-inducing material.


1. The Fault in Our Stars.  Does this even need explanation?  The movie is also going to wreck us I am sure, the trailer did....

2. The Book Thief.  Again, a given.

3.  Harry Potter Book 8.  Not only an end of an era, but the ends of our character's lives were not all butter rum and quidditch practice.

4.  Allegient.  Tears for Four always.

5. Similarly, tears for Gale in Mockingjay

6. Just One Day- GS's review is coming and it made her sad. (ADDENDUM: it made her happy said, she reports, but tears nonetheless)

7. Code Name Verity.  I cried so hard at the end of the book, which was terrible because I was on the metro on the way to work....

8. Jellico Road.  (and here, we really loved this) We have gone on about those one before, but the relationships just hurt in a real way.

Cheers to the Broke and Bookish for hosting as always!  What's on your list?

5 comments:

  1. I have avoided TFIOS and The Book Thief at ALL costs (regrettably so), namely because I DON'T THINK I CAN HANDLE ALL THE FEELS! I do whatever I can to make sure I'm not reading crying books. Even thinking about it hurts my heart. I can't.

    Yes to THG and Harry Potter! I bawled. I wailed. A lot. And though I can totally see where you're coming from with Allegiant I wasn't as invested in this series or these characters so it didn't hit me quite so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shed many, many tears for Finnick. I'm already bracing myself for experiencing that on the big screen! Oh, my heart. Don't even get me started on Harry Potter. I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I JUST finished JUST ONE DAY and it made me so sad too! Allyson is...sigh. She's all of us. I think Forman really hit home with her character development.
    Another CODE NAME VERITY...I really ought to jump on this bandwagon.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of these were on my list too! Lots of books to cry over! :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I loved doing this topic as it was super easy for me; I cry at everything. Deathly Hallows pretty much destroyed me. The Book Thief really made me weep too. I have Jellcoe Road but haven't read it yet... now I am a little scared to start. Nice list :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!